1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ibanez GVB36 - Gerald Veasley w/ Aguilar OBP3 & DCB pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chace90, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Price:
    $1250
    Strings:
    For sale is an Ibanez GVB36, Gerald Veasley artist model from Ibanez. Mint Condition, I can't find a scratch or blemish on this one.

I picked this up on the forums a couple years ago. Previous/original owner had the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp installed, which is the same preamp Gerald has in his personal instrument and that comes in the much more expensive version of this bass (GVB1006). I removed the stock Bartolini MK-1 pickups (which I'll include in this sale) and installed a set of Aguilar DCB pickups. Much better, IMHO.

These instruments have 14mm spacing at the bridge. I didn't mind after I got used to it, but it's not for everyone.

Because of the condition and upgraded electronics, I'm asking $1250 OBO, shipped to the lower 48. The preamp and pickups alone would cost at least $400. NO TRADES right now, need the cash.

Some specs, etc:

- Alder body
    - 3 piece maple neck
    - Rosewood fingerboard
    - beautiful flame maple top and matching headstock
    - 14 mm spacing at the bridge
    - dual truss rods
    - Aguilar DCB pickups
    - Aguilar OBP3 preamp (currently wired for 9v, push/pull active & passive, push/pull mid-freq select)
    - original Bartolini MK-1 pickups included
    - custom ramp (radius 12" to match fingerboard) installed, easily removed with no blemishes
    - plastic still on the cavity cover
    - beater gig bag included (well padded and well packaged, this will ship safely)

Ibanez%20Veasley%20-%20front%20body.

Ibanez%20Veasley%20-%20front%20full.

Ibanez%20Veasley%20-%20back%20full.

Ibanez%20Veasley%20-%20back%20body.
    photo1-1.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sold!