1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez GWB-2 Gary Willis Fretted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheapimitation, Oct 18, 2009.

1. cheapimitation

cheapimitation

Mar 23, 2007
    This is the original MIJ fretted model of the Willis bass -- very few of these in existence. Swamp ash body (bass is very light), ebony fingerboard. Some mods have been performed: the original Willis Bartolini pickup was swapped out for a Bartolini BB4CBC-T -- work done by Brawer Guitars in San Francisco. I had this done because I wanted to experiment with a different bridge in order to get a tighter string spacing, and the original Willis pickup has a pole-piece configuration rather than bars. However, the original Willis pickup will be included with the sale, along with the presently installed Bart. The bridge on the bass now is the original -- I had changed it to a Kahler fixed bridge (no body routing done, only 4 additional screw holes, which are covered by the original bridge -- see photo with bridge removed to get a view of the holes). The Kahler bridge is not included, although if you want it, I can sell it for an additional $60. Original case, with some knocks and broken/missing pieces of plastic, is included.

Overall condition is very good, with some button rash on the back.

Please see photos at:

http://s931.photobucket.com/albums/ad154/marakima/gwb/

Some photos are with the included ramp, some without. Asking $1200 shipped in continental U.S.; willing to ship overseas and/or to AK/HI for additional charges. Paypal, check, or money order all fine.

Thanks

Mark

2. rms2

rms2

May 27, 2008
    VA
    These are great basses. I have one of the early originals like this GWB2 and I also have the fretless GWB1. They're very light, well built, excellent fret work on my fretted allowing super low action, and cut though the mix like nothing else. I have some other very nice high end instruments but I keep coming back to my Willis basses. He designed these after years of experimenting and they really are hard to beat.

3. JOEP054

JOEP054 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    PM sent. Thanks.

4. JOEP054

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    PM sent. (This time to the right person I think). JP

5. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    bump for an incredible bass.
    i've got one too and it's a keeper for sure!

6. JOEP054

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    Reply to PM sent. Thanks. JP

7. cheapimitation

cheapimitation

Mar 23, 2007
    Thanks for the interest and messages -- all PMs replied.

8. JOEP054

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    PM sent. Want the bass. Thanks. JP

9. cheapimitation

cheapimitation

Mar 23, 2007
    Thanks everyone, bass is sold.

10. JOEP054

Oct 5, 2007
    Lynbrook, NY
    Money sent. Thanks.

11. LOUDER

LOUDER

Apr 13, 2010
    Wish they made more of these basses, would love to add one next to my GWB1

12. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
  13. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    It appears to be sold (see post 9 & 10). I would just for the moderator to close or the OP.

14. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    aw man...got my hopes up...

15. cheapimitation

cheapimitation

Mar 23, 2007
    Sold a while ago, sorry neglected to close thread.