1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez GX40B. Weird little amp, can't find ANY info.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimBosby, Sep 30, 2008.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    [​IMG]

Anybody know about these?? I'm looking for a small living room/coffee house amp. My current Peavey 15 watter is loud but not quite enough. I'm looking for maybe 35-80 watts or so. I love the aged brown look of this sucker. But I could not find ANYTHING about them anywhere!! I believe it's $90 and he said shipping would be $40. Not too bad a deal but I'm hesitant because I know nothing about it!

2. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nobody else has heard of it either, huh?

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It's a 40 watt amp judging by the model number. That won't get you all that far over what you've been using. By the time you pay shipping you're out $130 for an amp you might not like and you don't know how long it'll keep working. Better get $300-$400 together and look for something about 100 watts with either a 12" or 15" speaker. It's good to have at least a little headroom. There must be some music stores where you are that carry amps. Audition a few and get a feel for what's available. Then, if you decide to buy used you'll know better what to get.

Peavey makes some good small amps. So does Traynor. There are others.

Edit to add--Oops, sorry. I see you're not a newbie. So, that amp specifically I don't know. I still think it's a bit too much to pay though. If it's just for at home and used you should be able to do better for $130.

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Yeah I tend to agree with you. The funny thing is, it's in Milwaukee, where I'm from originally and go several times a year, and it's $90. I might snag it for $90 if I could try it first but I don't think it's worth $130 with the $40 shipping charge. What I really want for my living room is a 65-watt Ibanez Soundwave. Those are neat. There was one locally for 80 lousy bucks but someone snagged it 5 minutes before me. Haven't seen one that low since, not even on Ebay. Doh!

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes the Soundwave does sound good. I played through one once and liked it. A bit heavy for the power but for at home use that probably won't matter much.

6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Sorry-double post