Ibanez has pushed back new product release days 4 times.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Anyone know the reason this is happening?

2. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    they are not ready yet.

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I guess I thought the U S was their biggest market. I see that Thomann has all the new models ready to go.

4. sourwookie

sourwookie

Jul 31, 2013
    Very likely related to CITES. My SRH500 has been delayed until April.

5. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    I have an SRF706 on order. The "available" date has moved from March 15 to May 1 and now May 12. Different sites list different dates but they all keep getting pushed back.

The available emojis are insufficiently negative to convey what I am feeling.

JGbassman likes this.
  6. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Yeah, Sweetwater notified me that my SRH505F has been delayed....they said end of March is what's logged, but I suspect I'll be waiting longer. Sucks as I'd really like to use this for a new project I'm playing with.

7. If CITES is the culprit here, it is an example of how not to do international regulations...

kirkdickinson and .BumeStik. like this.
  8. dtripoli

dtripoli

Aug 15, 2010
    CA
    Don't rush perfection.
    It's better to wait for the tested and perfected than rush out a sub par product.
    Four rushed products come to mind,
    Pinto, Vega, Windows ME, Windows Vista.

9. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    With CITES they have to provide paperwork to "legitimize" the instrument that you will probably need to keep with it if you plan on traveling internationally.

10. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    giphy.gif

11. sourwookie

sourwookie

Jul 31, 2013
    Just got word my SRH500 was pushed back to mid May.

12. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Oh man, who told you?

13. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

Have you got an update on your bass? Mine is coming from Sweetwater and is on the UPS truck today for delivery. Clint at Sweetwater told me that these basses were built in January and were ready to ship, but because of change in the CITIES rules, the whole back got held up waiting for the correct paperwork on the Bubinga and Rosewood.

My UPS delivery is usually about 5-6PM, but I may can't wait and might have to chase him down. :)

Trouztrouz likes this.
  14. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    Luck duck!

Yesterday I got a shipping notification, so it's on the way. Still a couple days out I guess.

I had actually given up on this bass. I figured I could check them out in 2018 if they ever made it stateside. I ordered another bass with the intent of cancelling the SRF706, but I thought I would wait until the other one arrived and checked out before I cancelled. Sure enough, there were some problems and back the other one went. A week later, the SRF706 is in the mail. Hah!

15. kirkdickinson

Where did you order yours from? Sweetwater told me that there was one other person who had ordered one prior to my order.

16. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    I order mine from Musician's Friend. Scheduled to arrive on Thursday. Ordered it back in mid February!

17. JW56789

JW56789 Guest

Feb 18, 2017
    Sounds like they've hired some ex-Yamaha staffers . . . . . . .

18. kirkdickinson

Oh Yeah, I think I remember that conversation from before. I will try to do an unpacking video and get it on YouTube. I have never been first at anything before, maybe this time.
    :)

19. kirkdickinson

So do you have a report on the new bass?

20. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    Yes, it arrived on Thursday as promised and is super great! I love the piezo tone more than I thought I would. The neck is very similar to my SR506 so I already feel quite comfortable on it. I played it a ton over the weekend.

My only gripes would be that it's very poorly balanced in the sitting position - I guess the lower waist is pushed back to accommodate the deep cutaway. Also the extended fretboard is really impractical. It's tough to reach up there and even tougher to get the intonation right. Certainly you can't depend on those notes being there when you need them. Not that I expect to really need them.

Anyway, those are minor issues and I really love it. I'm thinking about putting some ground wounds on it to give it a little more zing.

J.D. Detroit likes this.