1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez has something here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by santucci218, Mar 3, 2008.

1. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    [​IMG]

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    For some reason this...

[​IMG]

visually reminds of this...

[​IMG]

Which I've yet to find a way to get past. But I do like the burst see-through finish models alot better then plain black. Seems at least 3/4 of fender basses (P's specifically) I see pop up on local Craigslist are Black. Black Black Black... news flash: and they have white pickguards.

Ugh... boring.

3. this thing is everything ive wanted in a bass.
    MM+J, and 24 frets, yummy!

4. we really need to start an ATK club, seems as though theres a decent following, which may grow larger in the near future :)

5. Ill take #2 then :p

I find it hard to get a decent picture showing the grain on my 400:

atk.

6. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Me too - that's why I had to have one! It's just the best possible design for a bass, in my opinion.

If there's a club I want in! and I know what you mean about trying to photograph a 400, mohawk...but they look so great in person

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    wait wait...a 24 fret one...

which model is this? i dig it lots....bet it sounds great! Not sure if the neck pup would get in my way or not...but i want to try one!

8. false404

false404

Aug 14, 2005
    I thought that honor went to the Bongo... :bag: :D

9. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    It's the ATK400. Discontinued, made in Indonesia, pretty cheap on Ebay when they come up. Great instruments...no plans to let go of mine.

10. Hmm, mine was made in Korea.

But aye, they are cheap used. (Even cheaper if you are lucky like me, and find someone trying to sell it as the really low end ATK100 (basswood body, passive) )

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    After trying the two-pickup, 5-way selector switch model at NAMM, I was blown away by this setup (and thereafter picked up an ATK750KOA).

12. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    Yeah, you're right. Sorry. Poor memory.

13. low-endz

low-endz

Dec 18, 2007
    Miami, FL.
    After playing a 300 @ GC I was stoked to find out they have a Fiver version the ATK305,Yea

BUT!!! 16.5mm spacing --AWW DAmn

IF Ibanez were to make the ATK305 with 19mm spacing (not likely considering its IBANEZ & we know they like everything compact) It aint happening.

Also making this fact worse is I tend to use heavier guages thus bringing the strings even closer.

Its tough to find mid price 5ers with a 19mm spacing setup, and I have way to many 4'rs to justify another 1.

14. the BTBs have wider spacing methinks.
    Lakland 55-01s have 19mm string spacing and they run for 600-700

15. low-endz

low-endz

Dec 18, 2007
    Miami, FL.
    Cool I'll def check out the Lakland 55-01s

16. I would love a five string with two pickups, but I don't have the funds and they are a little too heavy for me. Great basses and great playability though, I think that I would buy one over a stingray if they both cost the same.

lowsound

17. Shame it looks like something from a coloring book.

18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    im going to play the one at my work again...this may be a next bass for me, as i cant really justify spending over 1500 for any bass because of my finances.

Anybody ever upgrade theirs?

Also...any chance i can get some soundclips of that 2 pickup one?

19. yes, well sort of. I bought my atk 305 with a semour duncan preamp in it. obviously not the stock one. but my bass has actually been in a few hands, so i have no idea who did it. i really have no idea which one it is, etc, but i know that it sounds very good. so for what its worth, thats my story

20. eboe

eboe

Jul 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    +1, but don't forget you can buy a Bronco with a maple board. Bastards.

I also like the 80s Ibanez Roadstar IIs that look like P-basses with the 4 to a side tuner config. Those are tasty, and they go for $200 or so on ebay all day long. I have almost pulled the trigger on one before. And of course being 80s models, they are all MIJ...