Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IBANEZ: How does the SRX line compare to the SR line?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danham, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    I'm seeking a replacement SRX705 for my busted EDA905 from Ibanez. I hope they give it to me. Anyways, I used to have an SR400. It just had no balls. The E string had no oomph. My friends Fender Standard P blew it away.

So how does the SRX705 compare? I hear it's grindy with a ballsy low end. Opinions?

Just for the record, the EDA ruled, I just want a more meat and potatoes kind of bass.:bassist:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can only comment on the four string models, the SRX400 was ugly as anything, played almost as good as my SR400, but it definately sounded ballsier, more like a Stingray, though it seemed a one trick pony.

And yeah, SR400 pickups are kinda weak, but once I swapped them out for EMG's the thing just kicked major arse. Shame the neck is too narrow for my taste now.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive played an SRX700 and an SRX400. They both sound SOMEWHAT similiar to stingrays. They have a beefier tone than SRs. THe SRX pups are LOUD, compared to the rather weak pickups in Sr's.

4. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    BUMP