1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez ICB300EX (Iceman)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Morson93, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Morson93

Morson93

Jan 27, 2009
    Hey everyone.
    I've recently been looking for a new bass and this one has caught my eye, the Ibanex ICB300EX. I just love the mad shape and the plain white. I was just wondering if anyone on here has had any experiance with this bass. I've also been looking at a Mark Hoppus bass and getting a custom Explorer with EMG humbuckers. Any views on these products? In my band we play alot of punk ranging from Rise Against to Blink 182.
    Much Appretiated guys
    Morson93:bassist:

2. Swin

Swin

May 25, 2008
    Toronto
    Ibanez Freakazoid
    Hi Morson,
    The Iceman is an awesome bass to play, and looks R&R in everyway....but it does suit the more harcore punk sound, the hoppus fender has an awesome tone too, i played a friends one and it was so nice and bright - perfect for that blink/ so cal pop punk sound. I guess its hard to be exact here, but i'd suggest finding shops that have both these instruments in store that you can roadtest yourself, it always helps the decision making process!

3. Voss451

Voss451

Mar 2, 2009
    I bought the black ICB300 and it's probably one of the best I've owned. It plays as good as it looks and the tone out of it is huge. You may not get the same 'zing' you will out of a P bass but I think you'll be quite impressed once you actually try one. I actually had one ordered before I even tried it out and wasn't disappointed in the least.