Ibanez iceman bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cmaenterp, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Cmaenterp

Jan 21, 2006

I was wondering if anybody here knew where i could get soundclips of the ibanez iceman bass, particularly the low end sound of it, i have played an epiphone thunderbird in a shop but couldnt find an iceman and i wanted to compare their sounds. I'd be greatful for any help.
  2. Honestly I absolutely love the Iceman bass. Very badass look and sound, can't truly compare it to an Epi T-Bird, I've never played one. I really loved the way the Iceman balanced on my lap, and it nailed that classic vintage low thump that alot of guys are after these days. Sorry, I can't help you out with any clips... Hell, I'd love to hear a few too, it's been awhile since I've been to guitar center, I'd love to refresh a memory or two, lol.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    I played the Iceman and T-Bird. The Iceman is better. More bottom, more warmth, better hardware, less money!
  4. i like both basses, both really great value, but the iceman was almost TOO unique for me, had a certain sharp point and sound i didnt like, i wasnt really screwing with the EQ though so i might be wrong, havnt played it for a long time. but its definately a badass bass.
  5. Unless you can find an Iceman 400 (not the newer ICB 200!!!) go with the Thunderbird. I've played all three, and the 400 is the way to go, if you dislike the Thunderbird. And isnt the ICB200 like $450??? The Epi Bird is only $379 at Guitar Center...
  6. Cmaenterp

Jan 21, 2006
    thanks for the help everyone