Ibanez Iceman?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acacia, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm thinking of picking up an older one, set neck. Anyone have any experience with them? Harmony Central has no reviews. I love the looks, just wondering about playability. I've been on all Fender Jazzes for 4 years and I know this will be different. I tried Ricks and didn't care for em.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  2. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    it's a guitar...
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    They now make an Iceman bass. Hey, go to Guitar Center or something and see if you can try one. That's the best test.
  4. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    :eek: oh i didn't know !! i'll try it
  5. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    It's pretty cool that Ibanez is bringing that design to bass. :cool:
  6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Ibanez just released a newer version of the ICB bass in a brownish sunburst. I use "ICB" because I believe the "Iceman" bass was known as the ICB model in times past. I think there were two models, the 300 and the 500. One was a bolt-on version and the other was a neck-through. I like to track them on E-Bay now and again. If I am wrong, please forgive me. I looooove the look of those things, and have always wanted one

7. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think you are right!!! I remember drooling for one of those things in middle ´90, the girl who played with White Zombie used one....she just rocked big time :bassist: !!!
  8. A set neck would be an ICB500. They are becoming fairly rare and going for $800-$1000 on Ebay. I have an ICB300. I like the neck - fairly thin and smooth. Electronics are adequate at best. It's a very different monster than a Fender. It took me quite a while to get comfortable playing it, but now I love it, and rarely use my Fender P.
  9. Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I've played one of the set neck ones. I guy I know got it from BassNW a few years ago...it was really nice!
  10. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX