Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IBANEZ ID Please???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Paulb7664, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    Hi all
    I'm looking at getting a new bass. I like the idea of a five string but have not had much to do with them. At the moment I use a Warwick Streamer LX 4 string and Love the feel and sound of it but just want a change. Can you guys ID this bass for me IBANEZ BTB WHAT???? and how much I should be looking to pay for it, the guy wants £799 is this a lot to pay for this bass or should I be looking at something else.

http://www.psst.co.uk/bassworld/photos2004/IBAc6W007.jpg

Thanks.

Paul

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    that looks to me like a Japanese (not korean) BTB 1005 (or similar)

They used to sell for about $1100 here whenthey first came out. Very nice basses.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    All I know is that its a higher BTB.

Looks really nice though.

4. Looks like it's NOT a Prestige, I think all of Ibanez Pretige line of basses are neck-through. It looks like it could be an overseas (Non US) model, as that one doesn't match up with any I've seen over here. Hoever, it does look like a higher end model, note the black knobs, the lower end BTB have a brushed aluminium -sort of silver- finish to them, and the higher Prestige line has the black ones... However, that could be a mod, as the bass is used.

After searching the Ibanez Registry it seems the bass comes from the Ibanez BTB 700 line. The only thing that's throwing my theory into doubtfullness, is that I don't see the walnut stringers on the bass's neck in your picture. Hmmm... still looks as if it fits the bill to me though.

-ryan-

5. Paulb7664

Paulb7664

Sep 30, 2004
    Kent UK
    Thanks for all your help with this. It looks to me to be a Ibanez BTB 705

Paul