ibanez identification

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by parker 71, Sep 5, 2010.

1. parker 71

parker 71

Dec 23, 2009
    Serbia
    Please, help me to recognize model of this bass. It's from early '90s and I've been
    told that is SR1000 but I think it is not...
    maybe SR800 but not sure. Any suggestion?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, can somebody help?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    It's a '92 or newer SR800. Pretty, too.

3. parker 71

parker 71

Dec 23, 2009
    Serbia
    Well, I'm offered to buy it for 350eur. Is it good price for this one?
    Looks good, but what it can do? I'm not familiar with Ibanez so :help:

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I don't know what that is in US dollars, but I know that I own 2 of them, and they are the easiest playing basses I've ever had. Mine are 23 and 19 years old, the necks are super stable, and the electronics work fine. Resale on Ibanez basses in the US is poor (especially compared to Fenders), but these old 800's were made in Japan, and are very well built instruments. So, if you're looking for a collector's item, it'll probably disappoint you, but if you're looking for a player with lots of tonal variety, then these are excellent.

BTW, I checked the euro-dollar conversion chart, and I paid 370 euros for both of mine, combined. Then again, I'm sure they're way more available here.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021