1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez is reissuing the ATK!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tbirdbassist, Apr 1, 2006.

1. From Ibanez' Website...

"After almost 10 years of ceased production, the Ibanez ATK line of basses will be reissued! They will be available in 4 and 5string versions. They will all feature Active Bartolini Electronics and Hipshot hardware. Model names, woods, electronics and finishes go as follows;

ATK 400/405: One Peice Alder Body, Bolt-On Maple neck/Rosewood fingerboard. Active Bartolini MM pickup and NTMB 2.5 A/P pre amp. Natural, Red Wine, Sapphire Black, Pearl Blue and Sunburst Finishes.

ATK 500/505: One Peice Mahagony Body, Bolt-On Maple neck/Rosewood or Maple fingerboard. Active Bartolini MM and J bass pickups with NTMB 5.2 A/P pre amp. Natural, Red Wine, Pearl Blue, Sapphire Black and Sunburst finishes.

ATK 1000/1005: Maple Neck-Thru-Body with Mahogany body wings, Maple or Rosewood fingerboard. Active Bartolini MM and J bass pickups with NTMB 5.2 A/P pre amp. Natural,
    Red Wine, Pearl Blue, Sapphire Black and Sunburst finishes.

ATK 1000FL/1005FL: Maple Neck-Thru-Body with Mahogany body wings, Rosewood Epoxied Fingerboard or a non-finished Ebony fingerboard. Active Bartolini MM and J bass pickups with NTMB 5.2 A/P pre amp. Natural, Red Wine, Pearl Blue, Sapphire Black and Sunburst finishes.

The ATK line of basses are due to ship out in the fall of 2006, just in time for Christmas. Prices will be announced in the coming months. "We decided to reissue the ATK bass because of the huge masses of letters and emails recieved from bass players who were unhappy with the discontinuation of them and loved the ones they owned or had played. Well now they dont have to complain because the ATK Bass is coming back!" - Ibanez USA Spokesman Daniel Fortwith."

I am STOKED!!! One of these will definitely be on my wishlist, I cannot wait. oh and one more thing...

APRIL FOOLS!
    :D :D :D :D :D

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It really wasn't worth you typing all that out.

3. Didnt take long, I doubted it was very "fooling" anyway. but time I realized it, I said "what the hell".

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I kinda knew it was faked before I came.

however, if you had a link...well...yeah :p

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Funny :rolleyes:

;)

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I almost got excited, then I realized the date.

7. That was pretty good. Obviously we can feel less foolish than Ibanez. Why would they discontinue the best model they ever produced? Did they cut a deal with Ernie Ball so they wouldn't send them out of business?:confused:

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well executed, for sure. But Ibanex is teh suXXors anyway, so what was the point?

9. I sincerely hope you're not daring to malign the ATK. If you are, well, Vista's not very far down the road. :mad:

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Perhaps, but they'll never let you on a Janet, and that's what you'll need to get to me.

11. Wow, Munji, 11,000 posts?
    Does that make you a Super Total Hyper-Elite Member?
    -Alex

12. No, Super Duper Ultra Total Hyper-Elite Member.

13. Terry_R

Terry_R

Aug 5, 2006
    Canada
    Who's the fool now? Their coming back for real :D