ibanez japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Hi, everyone, chris here. I have a question about japanese ibanez's. I was at the japan ibanez website (www.ibanez.co.jp) recently and i noticed the BTB405QM model comes in trans black (like in the states) AND trans blue (as opposed to the trans purple availible in the states). I was wondering if there is any way (BESIDES going to japan) i can acquire one of these trans blue BTB's, or ANY ibanez model featured on the japan site. thanks a lot for the help,

2. Really? Transblue? This is the very bass I'm thinking of getting, and while the transblack/purple are O.K.,
    I'd much rather have the transred color that the four string model comes in. I guess this is how they keep costs down; make each model in one or two colors, no options, no wasted inventory.

Mike J.
  3. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Here in europe, we seem to get the stuff the japs get, like ATK basses :). Check some european guitars shops on the web. The german shops seem to have the best stuff when it comes to ibanez.

You will get the bass cheaper than listed on the sites as you won't have to pay the taxes of that country. You will have to pay tax when the bass arrives in the states though :(