1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Jazz Bass Copy.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by THE DANiMAL, Jul 16, 2008.

1. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    I came across a 70's Ibanez Jazz bass copy today for sale for a $800 bucks. My question is this: would YOU pay that much for one? What if it was definitely NOT all original? the bass is in great shape but the originaliy of the body is totally in question, it seems the only thing that is original is the neck and tuners. so again, would you pay $800 for it?

2. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    No. Definitely not. $200 nets you a brand new 08 Fender.

3. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    Nope.

4. With 800.00 USD you can get a much better used bass.

5. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    no

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    If it was a Blackbird, I'd pay 800. :cool: :bassist:

7. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    ok, good, so I'm noit crazy for thinking thats WAY too much money, so now let me ask, if you were interested in buying an ibanez jazz copy, how much would you be willing to pay?

8. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Do you mean $200 more?

$400, if it were clean and had the case.

9. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    Yeah I meant $200 more.

10. Those lawsuit era 70's Ibby's fetch some pretty big bucks nowadays. Look them up, you'll see.:smug:

11. i got a '77 Ibanez copy for $600 AUD about 5 years ago

it has a 2 piece ash body, maple neck with block inlays, and now emg pickups and a bts system installed

awesome axe for bugger all, really

12. I wouldn't spend $800 on it. Wouldn't even consider it to be honest.

13. I once got qouted on a 75 Ibanez thunderbird copy at $2650 AUD... I thought he was mad :confused: so I just walked out... played real nice though :meh:

14. Modo74

Modo74

Aug 7, 2007
    Auckland, NZ
    I paid NZ$380 for my '79 Silver Series PJ (just under US$300 at todays rates). Now modded with SD Quarter Pounders and Badass II bridge, so it cost me about NZ$600 all up. Its a lot of bass for the cash paid IMO.

US$800 is a rip off though. You could get a whole lot better for that kind of cash. Tell this joker to jog on.

15. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Which model of Ibanez J-Bass clone? Do you have pics of it? Some of the higher quality Japanese copy instruments of the 70's and early 80's are highly collectable these days.

16. checkit

i love this bass so much i had my roadcase modified so i could tour with it

it has an 18v EMG system in it w/BTS preamp and a badass II bridge

needs an overhaul now though (new frets, heads, nut) but it cuts through....you should hear it thru a 2x15!

17. oops

here's the pic

:bassist:

18. :scowl:

try again

Attached Files:

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021