Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Jazz copy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Oct 4, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm going to be playing in a hardcore/screamo band, and may be using some Drop D tuning. I'm came up with the idea of getting a cheap 5 string so I wouldn't have to worry about tuning. This one Ibanez Jazz copy I've seen at a local music store came to mind. It was a midnight blue finish, with a black pickguard. Looked like it was made in the same at the ATK series. It goes for about $250. Anyone know the bass I'm talking about?

~Patrick

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'd definetely give Essex a shot, but I don't see any 5ers by them. With a five, I wouldn't have to worry about that. I found the model name, Ibanez TR-75.

~Patrick

3. That thing is nice but, for a screamo band you should have something like mine. :D

[​IMG]

4. For some reason,when he was describing the bass,all I could think about was that :)

5. What is it?

:confused: Treena

6. If I remember correctly...a very odd, and wacky looking Ibanez.

7. Yes indeed, it's a very odd factory painted Ibanez Roadstar.

Fortunately I don't really see it while i'm playing, cause if I did I would likely pass out from hysteria. Funny stuff.

Plays like a dream and sounds good too.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I Blame the 80's.