Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez JumpStart

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigdavis_08, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Bigdavis_08

Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
  2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well if you got the GSR 200, you would still need an amp, and that would cost $100-$150 more.

3. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    The GSR 200 is by all means a great beginner bass. I've had mine for almost 5 years, and despite owning a G&L L2000 (which is awesome), the GSR still gets a decent amount of playing time. Definately a good bass for the price. I wouldn't bother with the JumpStart package, the amp and accessories aren't worth the $90 + downgrading of the bass. Save the $90 and put it towards getting a decent amp and better accessories than you would get with the package.

4. I have to agree with dmaki. I saw someone buy the jumpstart package and the amp would have sounded better if it had been sent hurling down a flight of stairs and sat on by my mother in law. :p

5. Particle Man

Particle Man

Aug 24, 2004
    I have to give the obligatory shout-out to SX (Essex) at this point. I picked up one of these a few months ago when I decided to get back into playing, and even though I've got a Fender MIA Jazz now, I still pick up the SX from time to time. Decent quality at a great price and from what I here, Kurt at Rondo is very good to deal with.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA