Ibanez JumpStart

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigdavis_08, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Bigdavis_08

Oct 7, 2004
    Hugoton, KS
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well if you got the GSR 200, you would still need an amp, and that would cost $100-$150 more.
  3. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    The GSR 200 is by all means a great beginner bass. I've had mine for almost 5 years, and despite owning a G&L L2000 (which is awesome), the GSR still gets a decent amount of playing time. Definately a good bass for the price. I wouldn't bother with the JumpStart package, the amp and accessories aren't worth the $90 + downgrading of the bass. Save the $90 and put it towards getting a decent amp and better accessories than you would get with the package.
  4. I have to agree with dmaki. I saw someone buy the jumpstart package and the amp would have sounded better if it had been sent hurling down a flight of stairs and sat on by my mother in law. :p
  5. Particle Man

Particle Man

Aug 24, 2004
    I have to give the obligatory shout-out to SX (Essex) at this point. I picked up one of these a few months ago when I decided to get back into playing, and even though I've got a Fender MIA Jazz now, I still pick up the SX from time to time. Decent quality at a great price and from what I here, Kurt at Rondo is very good to deal with.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA