Ibanez K5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Aug 31, 2005.

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Does anybody own the Ibanez K5? If so what do you think of it? Thanks for any comments. :) Please do not knock the bass unless it deserves it. Thanks :)
  2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I don't own it, but I have a friend who does, and I've played around on it. It's actually a pretty nice bass, IMO. It seemed somewhat versatile, and felt pretty good. The electornics in it were nice too. Very quiet, no noise when turning knobs, and they're pretty responsive too. The only thing that drew me away from the bass was the big K5 on the neck. Other than that, I might've considered picking one up back in the day (and for what, a $700 tag, they were nice!), but since have fallen in love with Spector :). Hope this helped. And take it for what it's worth, I have limited expirence with it.

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    For a bit cheaper, the SR505 is virtually the same bass, but with Bartolini electronics. A friend of mine installed EMG's in one (which is what I'll eventually do to my SR506), and it nails that Fieldy thing great. A/B'ing it with the K5, I found the only feature I liked more about the K5 was the variable mid, but that could be had on the EMG's if he would've wanted. I think the price came out roughly the same as a K5, and IMO, more versatile.

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I love the way this bass looks, I cant stop looking at it, cant look away, its pulling me in. Except for the Inlay. Anybody else have any comments? :bag: Isnt the SR505 made out of different woods? :)

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
  6. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    I think it looks nice, and i quite like the whole K5 thing on the fretboard.
  7. I've only tried a K5 once, and I wasn't very impressed. The spacing was a bit to tight for me. And I didn't get "the feel" from it. It felt a bit numb, at least in my hands.

Looks nice though, and doesn't sound that bad. At least the price is great!
  8. jlt

Apr 24, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    I have a K5. It was my first 5 string I bought. I think it's a good bass for the money. Quality parts and sounds good. I don't play it anymore since I now have a SR5 and a Sadowsky 24 fret 5. :D
  9. Sorry for bringing this zombie thread alive, but I was looking at these basses.:bag: Anybody on here know anything about them, I hear their pretty nice.:bassist:
  10. nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    I played one, wasn't bad at all. Very comfortable, just the price they wanted and the gold hardware drew me away...