Ibanez K5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fludane, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Hey TBers,
    I was wondering do any of you play or ever try the Ibanez K5 bass? Please put you comments here [upsides vs. downsides / likes
  2. Well it's Fieldy's bass...I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot tuning peg.
  3. Its not that bad at all! I think it is a bit expensive, though. And I probably wouldn't get it JUST because it had Fieldy's name on it.
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's actually a good bass with good tone woods. It's just not my cup of tea. If you have a chance to play one, by all means, check it out. They're nice, although, I too, feel that the price is a bit high for it.
  5. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    I wanted a k5 awhile back, So when i went to get my bass, i tried one out, and well it was a very nice bass, looks very nice, plays nice, sounds nice, but yea listing for 2200$ cdn, i don't think its worth that much, check out the BTB series by Ibanez, there very nice, not as nice of wodds, but hell i paid $800 for my BTB405, sounds real nice, jsut get one and throw some bart's in.
  6. :eek: OMFG :eek:

I was talking about the $600 one!

$2,200 for THAT!?!?

His tone isn't even that great!!

That one song.."Somebody/Someone" or something, you can hear the bass perfectly on there..that's crappy tone for 2 grand!
  7. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Never played a k5, but I have played the bass that became the k5. I think they used to call it a 1305? er sumthin' Great tone. Loud as could be unplugged. Very cool bass, though I could do without the korn logo.
  8. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    dude where the hell are you from, lolz. jk. the ibanez k5 is only $800 dollars, dude and the Btb 405qm is only $600, not 800. anyway, i just got the Ibanez SR(soundgear) 3005(esol) for $1050, and it is the higher model than the K5. I would recommend the K5 to you, especially if you play deep stuff, hell, he tunes it so lo it just clicks, lolz. it is made especially for down tuning. nice tone, mine does, i say you should get it off of musiciansfriend.com, it comes with strap locks from ibanez, and some other cool ****. lateZ, _-Soto-_:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  9. eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    well the k5 is 2200$ canadian, our dollar is only about half of your american, so that 800 bux would be 1600 cdn. I don't care for the soundgear models IMO.
  10. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    played one a while back.... it felt solid (not like most soundgears), played well, the woods were great, but the pups and eq let it down (along with that nasty K5 inlay). If it wasnt for the inlay i would have bought it.
  11. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    The inlay would be a serious put-off for me as well... why not a subtle small sig on the headstock or something? (but this is Fieldy we're talking about I guess..!) Also, don't really like the gold hardware, it doesn't go with the woods, plus I don't want "bling bling" on any bass I buy! :D

If I could have any Ibanez bass, I'd have a BTB with the ATK pickups and circuit in it... now that would be a nice bass...

Russ :bassist:
  12. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    i totaly agree..... thew gold is just nasty....

it looks so much better without the gold and the inlay

Im actually quite suprised that fieldy hasnt had LEDs put behind the K5 on his basses
    (Martin Sims, give him a call)