1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Lefty in Norfolk VA

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Sindri907, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Sindri907

Sindri907

Feb 24, 2009
    Virginia
    I was out for a walk yesterday, enjoying the beautiful weather in Virginia and my path took me by the local pawn shop so I decided to stop in. First thing I notice is a pretty red bass hanging behind the counter thats... LEFTY! :bassist:

So I browse a bit first then go look at the bass. Its an Ibanez, SR style bass finished in a metallic red. It's got 4 chrome knobs and PJ style active pups. The lady behind the counter got it down for me. It really needed to be cleaned, and even then had a few very minor chips/scratches in the finish. Strings looked like garbage, it was way out of tune, and the neck felt somewhat rough.

She said I could have it for $180 and I was very tempted. But Im still a new player, just got my SX a month ago and all I have is their cheap practice amp which I don't even know if I can run actives through. I also need to get the girlfriend a birthday present, and she plays bass like "normal" people. But if theres a lefty looking for a bass in the Hampton Roads area, this might be it!