Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Logo Help

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Version Luminol, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Version Luminol

Version Luminol

Dec 6, 2003
    I just recently sold my Ibanez EDA-905, the guy i sold it to asked me if i knew anyway to get rid of the logo located just above the bridge, i told him i would ask here, so does any know how to accomplish this??

2. I'd take it off with sandpaper.. First with a 300 grain and with a 500 + later.. also to get rid of the glossy finish.

3. Version Luminol

Version Luminol

Dec 6, 2003
    I preferably dont want to ruin the basses finish, it looks as though as if the logo is painted on, would paint thinner/remover do the job??

4. Go on and try out with thinner.. Remover will mess the finish, but personally I don't think thinner will..

BUT.. it's very probable that the paint is beneath a coat of that varnish.

5. DAMN!!...

Sorry, I hadn't realise that the logo you were talking about whas that! I hadn't read carefully either..

I have no idea what kind of finish those EDA's have.. I know is satin at least... Thinner shouldn't do harm to that luthite body.. so. you could still try with it, but further advice from anyone with more experience with those basses would come handy before doing anything..

6. Just forget it!

The logo's in these Luthite bodies seems to be sublimated somehow. I've got a Cort Curbow in here now that's got a similiar attachment and thinners won't remove it.

7. Version Luminol

Version Luminol

Dec 6, 2003
    GOO OFF!!!! It really did work, I spent about 5 minutes scrubbing over the logo and it eventually came off, but its a very long process. But goo off did remove the logo..