1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez metal charger MS10

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chrisisnotevil, Mar 24, 2009.

1. hello all.

i done a search and fired off a few pms to no joy, so i'm sorry but i've had to start a "has anybody tried XXXX pedal" thread...

got the chance to buy and ibanez metal charger obscenely cheaply, and will be testing it myself the coming sunday. just thought i'd throw it out there and see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with it on bass, particularly if anybody's tried any of the modifications i keep reading about when i google it. obviously, if it sucks stock, but sounds great modded i'm over the moon but i'll have no way of knowing till i take the plunge...

thanks in advance!

2. Pushead

Pushead

Mar 5, 2007
    Portugal
    I never used it but I know a friend that use that pedal in concerts and in studio in one song.

Check the song "Tally" (after 15s):

Brent

3. hmm, not a bad sounding band, obrigado!

edit - tried it. was meh. made an ok overdrive but lost too much bass, plus the jack sockets were naff, it kept slipping everywhere, tone controls were useless, switch was tempremental. avoid.

4. gricko

gricko

Mar 29, 2004
    not willing to resurrect old thread, but have to give my $.02

MS10 is not very rugged. footswitch is not reliable, pots can get noisy, jacks are plastic and soldered directly to PCB.
    it is a triple stage distortion and can go from very mild to OVER-THE-TOP. tone controls are very effective. i get very deep bass. as always - ymmv.
    taken into account - dirt on bass can be very tricky. mild is ok, but if you go for a lot of dirt - playing and/or line should be adjusted.

5. marcblum

marcblum

Apr 29, 2008
    Aachen, Germany
    I'm pretty excited to try this pedal on next rehearsal. It just leaves the attack totally uncompromised!