1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Mikro - what kind of strings?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quadrogong, Oct 23, 2010.

1. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    I'm picking up a Mikro tomorrow at GC
    http://www.ibanez.com/BassGuitars/model-GSRM20

I'll probably want a good set of strings, some rounds,
    Nickles or whatever..
    Anybody have experience with these basses?

They're 28.6" scale I think,

Can I get a set of regular Long scale strings or will I run into problems?

Generally the selection of short scale strings " over the counter" is poor, you see those labella flats a lot, the ones for Hofners, but that's it,
    can I get a standard length set, & clip them..or should I wait and buy a good set of short scales online?

2. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    I have used Ernie Ball and D'Addario rounds, and D'Addario Chrome flats, all short scale packs. With the flats, definitely get the short scale as the long scale will force you to wrap the thickest part of the string around the tuner. With the rounds, it's not quite as important but I found the short scale D'Addarios to fit very well.

I personally like JustStrings.com - great customer service, fast delivery and excellent prices. $10 cheaper than the cheapest local music store for the flats.

3. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Thanx
    I'll use the stock strings tonight and wait,& order them online, good advice, thnx