Ibanez Modding?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slobberbukket, Aug 12, 2005.

1. slobberbukket

Aug 12, 2005
    I started playing bass about 6 months ago and have decided it is either time to mod my current bass or get a different one. The bass I currently have is the one that comes with the Ibanez Jumpstart package, is this bass worth modding, or would I be better off getting another one. Also, I really like the looks of the hollow and semi-hollow body basses, are there any sound diffences in these and a solid body? I have seen all the topics on SX's but dont really like the look of pick gaurds can they be removed? Sorry for all the "typical" questions but couldn't find what I needed in a search. If it helps any the type of music I play is what we call "happy heavy" so it ranges from Slayer to Led Zeppelin, Modest Mouse to To My Suprise, we just like good driving tunes that we can kick back to.

Forgot to mention my current bass has no mid level sounds. The highs and lows are loud but the mids are weak.
  2. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I personally would not mod an Ibanez starter bass. You can buy a pretty decent bass for the price of the stuff needed to do the mod.