1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez modifications...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PMC89, Mar 1, 2008.

1. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    So I need YOUR advice on what I should do to this bass:

DSC00800.

I want some... further modification.

I'm going to get new hipshot tuners, a hipshot b bridge, and i'm having a new neck made I want a thicker neck with wider string spacing, p bass style).

The vital question is:

Rosewood Fretboard with Chrome Hardware

OR

Maple Fretboard with Black Hardware

What do you think?

2. Somehow I have a feeling you could get this all by purchasing another Ibanez bass with your specs, and you might need to pay a little bit extra but not much. But if you are really hooked on this bass... --Kent

3. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    I would flip that bridge pickup around ;)

4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    How about a ramp?

;)

5. sr necks are meant to have sexy thin and fast necks imo you shouldnt mess with it
    new bridge and since you're trying to change the fretboard why not get l.e.d.s put inside

6. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    why not a new neck?

i just don't like my neck as sexy thin... i prefer wider spacing.

-pc

7. then have leds put in it at least lol
    since u already modded the daylights of your sr
    love the darkstars btw

8. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Trem bridge!

9. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Then you should have thought of that before buying the bass; Ibanez (and especially the SRs) are well known mainly for one thing - thin fast necks. Buying such a bass and waiting for something different isn't wise to say the least. So IMHO the best thing you could do is sell it as it came (stock) and use the money to buy a bass that is more to your liking.