1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Musician Bass Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AphekGreg, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SpaceJockey

SpaceJockey Gold Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Norfolk, VA, USA
    Had some downtime at work just now and decided to rework the wiring diagram from the MC300 to more closely match my 1980 ST-824
    20190911_173859.
    The attachment points for the black wire and shield coming off the pickups is the only thing I didn't change. The two black wires connect to the body of one tone pot, and the shields to the other tone pot. I didn't bother changing this cause the grounding is correct either way you do it (I think, dont quote me)

Abner likes this.
  2. Martelino

Martelino

Feb 5, 2019
    Amsterdam
    Hi everyone.
    If I'm not mistaken, I can grab number 32.
    Today my 1981 MC-924DS arrived. All original, some dings and dents but in great shape physically and technically. Paid 550 Euros (605$) with case. Already had two Roadstar IIs (RB924CS and RB620), but this one is a real beast, supertight, growley and heavy.
    I know... pictures. Tomorrow. I couldn't stop playing until it went dark here in Amsterdam.

001 aphekgreg
    002 jmlee
    003 Abner
    004 Sharkwagon
    005 bjelkeman
    006 StatesideRambler
    007 NoFiller
    008 Craig888
    009 Cat Davis
    010 Eyesee7
    011 Doctor_Clock
    012 Michael Jewels
    013 Hotbass13
    014 André Monc
    015 Root 5
    016 deste
    017 Janforth
    018 kablag
    019 brett adams
    020 Goad
    021 mrbeezroom
    022 Craig 4003
    023 Low84
    024 LowSims
    025 Sub Four
    026 AriaPro_SB1000
    027 stobbart
    028 subtlestew
    029 Standalone
    030 Core East
    031 MarcBase
    032 Martelino

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:55 PM
  3. That looks great. Do you know what he used to rub down the plastic?

4. It was for the P style, but 99% sure the covers are the same size as the J6.

Deedee1 likes this.
  5. Nice buy and great price. Welcome to the group. Musician owners are friendly, helpful and better looking. :)

6. Deedee1

Deedee1

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    I’m not entirely sure tbh. I know he said it took some doing.

AphekGreg likes this.
  7. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    if that were true then i would've become more friendly, helpful and better looking when i bought my musician. do i need to get rid of my roadstars, soundgears, SBs and TR first?

AphekGreg likes this.
  8. If you’ve got a cherryburst Roadstar II from 83-84 let me know when you’re ready to get rid of it!! I was torn between that and the Musician I did buy and I’d be thrilled to have both (I have had my MC824DS since new in ‘84).

9. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    i don't but are they hard to find?

10. It may not happen instantly. Give it a week or so.

11. I haven’t seen one in a lot of years. This guy’s tiresome to listen to but the video shows the bass I’m still fascinated by.
    It was a tossup whether to get the Musician or the Roadstar II and I went with the Musician. Had I gotten the Roadstar II I’d now be searching for a Musician.

Wavebird and AphekGreg like this.
  12. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    At least I picked up the tobacco burst RB-920 single-pickup version before my buying days came to an end. :)

13. Martelino

Martelino

Feb 5, 2019
    Amsterdam
    Here she is.
    07D5FB5B-2473-4303-B1C4-095F8DAFCF76.

Attached Files:

lesliegl, lgrankin, Craig4003 and 3 others like this.
  14. hooky_marr

hooky_marr Supporting Member

Yup. I had a few Roadstars and Musicians back in the day, can confirm.

15. Apropos of not much, Ibanez built Roadstars and Roadsters. They are quite distinct from one another.

16. Martelino

Martelino

Feb 5, 2019
    Amsterdam
    I am affraid that will never happen...
    In 1983 when I just started playing bass, I fell deeply in love with the Cherryburst RB924, but couldn't afford it. And in our town the best bass player around had a Musician 924 LE, desirable but waaaay out of my league... So I made my way through some Westones, an odd Blazer and ended up with a Yamaha BB1000s, which was my main bass for years. But the unanswered love for the Roadstar and Musician always lingered. Only, they never showed up for sale. Until I stumbeled across a Roadstar on ebay Germany in mint condition a couple of years ago and now had the means to have it send to Holland. I finally could hold my first love in my arms, and will never let her go. The same happened with the Musician last week. Only problem: craving makes a great artist, but I have all I ever wanted...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:11 PM
    StatesideRambler and Domespeed like this.
  17. hooky_marr

hooky_marr Supporting Member

There are several different ways to smooth 3D prints, but it depends on the base material and the resolution of the printer. ABS plastic is probably the easiest to work with (can be easily sanded and polished, clear-sprayed etc), PLA has lower resolution so requires more work to fill. There are higher-resolution printing solutions used for realistic prototyping, like Vero printers, but they're expensive.

Many 3D printing service bureaus offer polishing as part of their service, so I'd look into that unless you want to DIY it.

18. Deedee1

Deedee1

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    I know this one was ABS. I initially tried to rub it down but didn’t have a great deal of luck.