Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Musician MC924 on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mel Monihan, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Mel Monihan

Mel Monihan

Mar 30, 2004
    I have seen interest in these basses on this forum before and this example of a polar white model is on ebay now and it looks to be in very good condition.The auction item number is
    3766264249.Good luck to those interested.Sorry I didn't post a direct link, but I'm a computer illiterate.

2. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    There is also a dark stained 82 on ebay along with the white 84 - I recently sold a 79 MC924 , it had 2 Hbuckers vs the P/J config. These basses have excellent necks and you can dial in some very sweet sounds with the 3 band eq. I used it for live gigs from 79 to 90 great bass. Mine was in very good condition with the OHSC that was also in very good condition - sold it for 575

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    i own a 79' MC924 (3band w/ bucks)

i had sold it, just to buy it back cuz nothing could come close to "that" sound.

she's a killer bass.

PS i have sound clips of mine if intrested... PM me.

4. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    Hey, what a coincidence!

I won the auction on the white Ibanez you mentioned above! :hyper:
    Here's a link to the auction (with fotos):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3773777244

I didn't knew about this tread and bid on it seperatly - now I wanted to share my luck with you guys only to find out that "my" new bass has already been discussed on the board. Cool! :)

Actually I was searching for the Ibanez Les Paul type of bass but could not find it anywhere - but then I stumbled over this one and the white colour absolutely blew my mind in a second (don't like the brown ones half as much)! Just great looking on the fotos, can't wait to open the box when it arrives. I hope it survives the shipment to Europe :meh:

Anybody any comments on the P/J pups? Are they more versatile than the J/J ones?

Now I have to go and search the forum for the foto of a fellow TB-member with exactly this white musician in fron of an SVT. Saw it a long time ago lots of pages behind and immediately fell in love for this bass in this color.

So, c.u., I'll post when I got it.
    paul

5. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    Oh, well ....

just realized that I somehow mixed up the two auctions, the one Monihan mentioned doesn't seem to be mine. mhm, sorry for that.

But nevertheless I HAVE AN IBANEZ MUSICIAN ON THE WAY!!! :cool:

Because of living in Europe and the exchange rate being somewhere at 0,7x the price is kind a steal for us over here, but the transportation costs eat it up again. But I don't really matter.

Groove on!
    paul

6. I own the same model as the white one (I think the actual colour is "pearl white"),'84 model.Picked it up about 8 years ago in a second hand store for about $800 Aust.Wish they had made these in a five string.I think this was the last your they made these with these killer pickups and preamp.Went on to the Roadstar RB series that didnt come close.Plus the MC's had ebony fret boards and were neck thru.Simply the most versatile sounding bass Ive ever owned (owned Spectors, Warwick etc) and plays like a dream.Dont play it any more but will never sell it.They are great.