Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Musician...me likey!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  2. looks good

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That's one of the nicest Musicians I've ever seen. I think that Those basses were among the best things Ibanez ever put their name on, pardon the preposition.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, there are a few on E-Bay at the moment...but this one blew me away...and if I had ANY dough, I'd bid to win on the sucker...

5. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    ive always loved those basses, but never had a chance to pick one up...

6. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I had one of those for a short time - just about the most comfortable playing bass I've ever laid hands on (caveat: I've never played any real high-end stuff). The sound, however, didn't excite me much when compared to my L2000 at the same time.

One of the few basses I regret parting with.

7. Those Musicians are regarded by most older players as being the best bass Ibanez ever made. The only drawback was the fact that they are fairly heavy. They were way ahead of their time, left Fenders in their dust. They had ebony boards, active AND passive preamp (that's why all the knobs), separate battery compartment, full cavity sheilding (in metal, no less), and were possibly the only commercially made bass at the time to have all those features. The fretless version was particularly held in high esteem. Sting was a high profile user.

8. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I had one EXACTLY like that one from '79 until '83. I was my main gigging bass during the time I was playing as a pro (7 gigs or more a week). One of the best basses I ever had. If I didn't have 10 already, I'd go for this one on eBay, it is a very very good bass.