Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Musician opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dub56, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Dub56

Dub56

May 28, 2005
    Kansas
    I was at a music shop that primarily deals acoustic instruments, and there was a.. I'm guessing 80's Ibanez Musician fretted 4 string. The wood looked in the area of walnut and it looked pretty nice, it was only about 300-400 bucks. I couldn't plug it in there, we didn't stay long. Anyone have any experience with these?

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
  3. i love em, had a chance of buying a passive one with two single coils and an ibanez steinberger copy for half the price of my kubicki, but stupid me passed it up

4. I had one of these 20 +years ago...sold it to my brother for 100 bucks. It was a VERY good bass and the tone with both pick ups full on was superb. Ironically after selling it I purchased a 78 jazz bass which was an inferior in every aspect ( but I was too naieve at the time to know the difference!)

In '88 I purchased a fretless musician and had it a while before selling it. This particular instrument was not as good as the aforementioned one.

for 300-400 bucks you really cant go wrong my friend!!