Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez or Behringer Practice amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Jan 10, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I am considering a practice amp. the Ibanez soundwave series 35 or 65 or the Behringer BX1200. It is going to be strictly a Practice amp one I could use at home and possibly play along with practicing with a drummer and guitarist in a practice setting. I already own a Peavey Bam210 combo, which I am very hapy with for gigging purposes. I just do not want to wear ot out prematurely by constant use for practices. I do not want to spend any more than I really have to so what do you guys think of these or if you know of another good option please suggest. Thanks..;)

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Definately the Ibanez over the Behringer. Or maybe a fender rumble?

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I have owned a BX1200 for a year now. I use it everyday and use it on small gigs. I have never had any trouble with it. It is louder than the Ibanez. Both are cheap amps but in my opinion the Behringer is more bang for the buck.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Correction! I misread the post. I own a BX600.

5. ive never tried the behringer or the ibanez, but i got a fender rumble 100 and its really nice and loud. i can easily play along with a drummer and 2 guitarists, one who has a 2x12 combo.

6. boy am i glad you asked that question! i have had the pleasure of owning both amps, and can give you a good recomandation, or at least tell you about each one. anyways, i started off with the ibanez sw35. i loved the tone it gave my bass. starting off as a blues bassist, i really liked the deep sound it had. really bassy, not muddy, just bassy. i miss my old ibanez. actually my girlfriend has it, so i can visit it anytime! i upgraded to the behringer, mainly for the volume. I can somewhat approxamate the tone of the ibanez, but without as much lows. still a good tone in its own right. the behringer is good to record with because it has many outputs in the back, and the ibanez only has a line out jack for recording. I don't know if you are going to record with it, but it's good to know. all in all, i would suggest the ibanez sw65 for sure. i wish i had one!
    Charlie

7. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks for the responses, I am now also considering one of the Kustom amps. The Kustom KBA100, any opinions on those??