1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez or Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SDGRfreak, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Hey,

Im gonna buy a 5 string bass and its a toss up between an Ibanez SR905 and Spector Pro. 5. Both are neck through and have active pick ups. I already own an Ibanez SR1200 4 string and i think its perfect, so im leaning towards the SR905. However the spector is about $100 less. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I would take the Spector over the Ibanez any day. It's just a more high-end make, all things considered...

MM

3. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    +1

The ONLY downside to the Spector I had was the Vol/Vol set-up, I really need Vol/Bal, but I still preferred it to my sr5005......

4. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    I think that the Spectors can readily be modified to Vol/Bal. Several around here have done it.

Spectors are great basses for the money, but if you are happy with the sound of the Ibanez (and it sounds as though you are) go that route...

Shawn

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    If you are spending around $800 you could find a nice Cirrus...

6. SPECTOR!!!:hyper:

7. Spector.
    C7

8. Spector

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    S to the P to the E to the C to the T to the O to the R!

10. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Spector

11. Tanks boys

12. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'd rather go with the Ibanez than a Spector, but that's just me.

13. if you really like the feel and sound of the ibanez, go for it! i would personally take a spector over an ibanez any day, but that's just me.

have you played both? if not, i'd go and do that. see which one YOU like best, not which one people on this board (however highly expeireinced) think is the best. go for which bass that you think fits your sound best. no matter what anybody says, i would always play a bass before i buy it. if you can't paly any, then i guess it's okay, but you should really try the bass out before you order it.

14. Ibanez is a great company, but I would go with Spector.

15. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

Truer words have never been spoken.

16. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i like ibanez more than spector

ive hated every spector i ever touched.

17. I have both an Ibanez and a Spector, and my vote definately goes for the Spector.

18. I have 1 Ibanez and 2 Spectors, and my Spectors get 10 times more playing than the Ibanez. I love my Spectors for the different tones and get and the body shape and finish.