1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez P-bass pickup swap? Lawrence P-46

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hensonbass, Mar 23, 2009.

1. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I have a 78 Ibanez lawsuit p-bass with a Rio Grande p/u and I'm not that crazy about the tone. It sounds a little harsh with not much bottom end and the mids sound a bit scooped as well. Might work well for punk but I don't have the hairline for that anymore.:D

I was considering trying a Lawrence P-46 since it seemed cheap and got some good reviews. I really want something warm and I guess vintage.

I've got a Lakland HB with Darkstars in it and I love the tone of that. Is there a "p" p/u that you can get that has that warmth as well as the definition? I don't want to do alter this bass that much to install a Darkstar, but if I can get close...

2. If you decide to go with a P-46 shoot me a PM. I have on in great condition in a bass of mine that I am going to be swapping out. Save some cash over buying new :)

Theya re great pickups BTW. There was a thread with a mini-review just the other day.

3. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    PM sent.