Ibanez PD7 Levels

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stayheavy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. stayheavy

stayheavy

Oct 27, 2011
    Whaddup I'm Luc.
    Anyone have a sweet choice of levels with this pedal?
    I honestly haven't even tried it out yet and am too lazy to mess around with it because i've just been writing lately.

I'm looking for good tone for the style of music that is posted on my band's facebook page: facebook.com/theomertalie .

Also, if there are any other sick effects that go well with this pedal let me know, thanks.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I once had an Ibanez pd-7. it had some pretty cool sounds. this was my setting.

Preamp: dis
    Level: 1:00
    High: 11:00
    Low: 1:00
    Gain: 3:00
    Attack: off

This settings give me a smooth heavy sound that has plenty of lows. even though this pedal has been known for preserving a lot of lows(even at the heaviest settings), this setting does sound pretty heavy. not quite as heavy as my digitech bass driver, but really great sounding if you want a heavy sound that has plenty of lows.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If that wasn't enough, here's a few more settings. here's a clean boost setting.

Preamp: clean
    Level: 11:00
    Highs: 1:00
    Lows: 1:00
    Gain: 12:00
    Attack: 1

And here's a light overdrive setting.

Preamp: od
    High: 11:00
    Lows: 12:00
    Gain: 10:00
    Attack: 1

Feel free to try out these settings.

4. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Heck, I'm going to try these settings out. I have a PD7 just sitting around.

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Here's one more setting. this is a warm overdrive setting.

Preamp: od
    Highs: 11:00
    Lows: 1:00
    Gain: 1:00
    Attack: off

Give this setting along with other settings I've posted a try. see what setting you like most.

6. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've had a PD7 in my pedal chain for like 5 years now, its very underestimated.

I usually use it in Overdrive mode with Attack off. The Attack adds way too much upper harmonics and kills your lows. Usually run it with highs and lows around 1:00 and Drive close to minimum for a crunchy useable overdrive tone.

7. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    I use mine like him...

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Give it a shot, 4StringAxe. see which settings I've posted is right for you.

9. Sweet little pedal, when I was doing lots of Rush covers with an old band I would flip it on for the intro of Red Barchetta, Attack on 1, with the Lows around 2:00 and Highs at around 12, with the Gain around 12 as well! I also remember dialing some sweet full out distortion tones with it, but never used it enough to commit them to memory.

BTW, it's now for sale ;)

10. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have to agree that the attack settings tends to reduce lows. that why I kept the attack settings off when I had one. the settings I first posted was the setting I use. it gives me a warm heavy sound. right now, I have a digitech xbd bass overdrive/distortion pedal and I'm very satisfied with it.

11. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    The smooth heavy setting you posted is killer. One problem though ... The switch on my PD7 is going. I have to step on it a few times for it to stay on and a few more times to turn it off :mad: ... oh well, I'll get it fixed or just get another, it's cheap enough. :D I love cheap dirt pedals that sound good.

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have been informed that these pedals could break easily. not quite sure if that's true or not. but when I had mine, it didn't break at all. so I'm guessing some of these pedal are decently built and some of these pedals aren't built that good. anywho, I sold my Ibanez pd-7 because I wanted a bass distortion pedal that can provide a more heavier sound. and the digitech bass driver was just what I was looking for. it may not be the best bass distortion pedal, but I like how it sounds. especally when I use the mixer output on the pedal. it gives me a smooth and heavy sound. I know there are other bass distortion pedals that can provide a more heavier sound, but I'm satisfied with the digitech bass driver.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021