IBANEZ PD7 phat-Hed Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tezrez, Aug 15, 2001.

1. SM7 Smashbox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PD7 Phat-Hed Overdrive

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. What does this pedal do? WHAT THEheck is overdrive?:confused: Im an intermeddiate bass player and i dont know what overdrive is......im an idiot.Just please gimme answers!!!:p

2. :eek: YOU DoN'T KnOWw WHAt An OVERdRive PedAL IS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?????? DUDE...wow an overdrive pedal is a lighter form of distortion.

3. The Phat-Hed overdrive is a bass distortion pedal, it's actually a very good one too. It's got heaps of options, and if you want a bass distortion I recommend it. It can act as a Harmonic Boost, give your sound a bit more punch or it can act as a full on distortion pedal. I only use a tiny bit of distortion, mainly when playing covers (Around the world, Bulls on Parade).
    The smash-box is for guitar isn't it? I'm not sure it's intended for bass, but I'm not certain. As far as I know it's a new guitar distortion made for hardcore and metal bands, like the Korn or Limp Bizkit guitar sound.
    If I have'nt answered your question properly let me know :)

4. I know the smashbox was inteneded for guitar but herad it works well with bass:confused:

5. I'll have to try the Smashbox then, I'd stick with the Phat hed though, considering it's made for bass and came out around the same time.

6. ok thanks:D

7. question ive only played on PODs and mixers ....do i just step on the pedal to make it distort to the settings i have or do i hold it down?:confused:
    Im a confused little boy.............

8. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    when you turn on ( step on ) a stomp box pedal they turn on and dont turn off til you hit the button again. you dont have to hold it. ive played both pedals, and both are great. i would go with the phat hed cuz it can handle the low frequencies better. i personally like fuzz pedals. you might want to try the boss or DOD flashback. i think boss used to make a bass fuzz, or maybe they still do, i dont know. dont feel bad about not knowing a lot about pedals, when i first started i thought you HAD to have an effects send to use one :oops: :D

9. Boss don't make a dedicated fuzz pedal anymore, they recommend you use the FZ-3 guitar fuzz for bass.

10. i just got one and i love it, it's a great little pedal...:D

11. i, too, own a phathed pedal and i LOVE the clean sound with attack on 2 but its so damn noisy!!:mad: hopefully if i get a noise gate that'll take care of that...anyone know of any good noise gates??

other than the excessive hum, its got RIPPING distortion.:D