IBANEZ PD7 phat-Hed Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tezrez, Aug 15, 2001.

1. SM7 Smashbox

0 vote(s)
  2. PD7 Phat-Hed Overdrive

12 vote(s)
  1. What does this pedal do? WHAT THEheck is overdrive?:confused: Im an intermeddiate bass player and i dont know what overdrive is......im an idiot.Just please gimme answers!!!:p
  2. :eek: YOU DoN'T KnOWw WHAt An OVERdRive PedAL IS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?????? DUDE...wow an overdrive pedal is a lighter form of distortion.
  3. The Phat-Hed overdrive is a bass distortion pedal, it's actually a very good one too. It's got heaps of options, and if you want a bass distortion I recommend it. It can act as a Harmonic Boost, give your sound a bit more punch or it can act as a full on distortion pedal. I only use a tiny bit of distortion, mainly when playing covers (Around the world, Bulls on Parade).
    The smash-box is for guitar isn't it? I'm not sure it's intended for bass, but I'm not certain. As far as I know it's a new guitar distortion made for hardcore and metal bands, like the Korn or Limp Bizkit guitar sound.
    If I have'nt answered your question properly let me know :)
  4. I know the smashbox was inteneded for guitar but herad it works well with bass:confused:
  5. I'll have to try the Smashbox then, I'd stick with the Phat hed though, considering it's made for bass and came out around the same time.
  6. question ive only played on PODs and mixers ....do i just step on the pedal to make it distort to the settings i have or do i hold it down?:confused:
    Im a confused little boy.............
  7. Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    when you turn on ( step on ) a stomp box pedal they turn on and dont turn off til you hit the button again. you dont have to hold it. ive played both pedals, and both are great. i would go with the phat hed cuz it can handle the low frequencies better. i personally like fuzz pedals. you might want to try the boss or DOD flashback. i think boss used to make a bass fuzz, or maybe they still do, i dont know. dont feel bad about not knowing a lot about pedals, when i first started i thought you HAD to have an effects send to use one :oops: :D
  8. Boss don't make a dedicated fuzz pedal anymore, they recommend you use the FZ-3 guitar fuzz for bass.
  9. i just got one and i love it, it's a great little pedal...:D
  10. i, too, own a phathed pedal and i LOVE the clean sound with attack on 2 but its so damn noisy!!:mad: hopefully if i get a noise gate that'll take care of that...anyone know of any good noise gates??

other than the excessive hum, its got RIPPING distortion.:D