Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez PD7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by x15, Jul 17, 2005.

1. x15

x15

Feb 4, 2003
    New Delhi, India
    hey all..
    i'm using a pd7 distortion pedal (ibanez) on my SRX5o5..as you probably know, it has active pick ups..
    i don't know if there's something wrong with the settings on the bass in correspondance with the settings on the pd7 but i keep getting massive screeching feedback everytime i set the attack tone on two..
    i suppose i haven't worked myself around the pd7, but then i suppose mr.miles davis and mr.coltrane don't appreciate overdriven bass ;)..
    help appreciated.

bassplayer8716@yahoo.com
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. I had one of those pedals briefly with an active eq srx300. I didnt get any screachy feedback with the attack settings. I did however get massive amounts of line noise no matter what I set the controls too. The attack settings seem to especially add alot of noise. I Liked the tone but returned it due to the noise.

3. for starters your pickups are passive you EQ is active. and check the line level, the pedal may be feeding back on its self. I know my DOD bass dist did this if I had my line level up to high.