Ibanez Phat Head OD and Dist

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by King David, May 6, 2003.

1. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Has anyone tried this dude out? How did you like it? Please describe the sounds you liked.
  2. severed_1

Jun 4, 2002
    I've owned it for about a year

Not bad,i just bought it until i can get something better,feedback is kinda bad when the distortion is on,that's why i mostly keep it on Overdrive with the drive dial at about 5

I also just use the clean setting alot since it makes the tone more prominent

All in All,it isn't bad for a cheaper pedal,but i want something better

I've heard it's better than the ODB-3,sine you can vary the overdrive or distortion more

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I love it.
    Great little pedal, much better than anything in this price range.
    I only got rid of it when I bought a Fulltone Bassdrive.
  4. I use it for a full range OTT ballsy distortion, and it works great for me. I recently decided to move the drive dial up from 11 o'clock to 2 o'clock and disregard my normal settings, and I like it a lot more. I haven't really lost any definition, but if the gain is there I say use it. I keep my bass knob at 12 o'clock and the treble knob at 3 o'clock, and there's this wonderful fat sound. Level to taste. I never use the Attack switch. It's also a great clean boost pedal, an awesome slap scoop pedal if you need it. I have sound files for you:

Sample 1

Sample 2

These are old files and I can't remember the specifics, but they highlight the tone of the distortion. This pedal doesn't do subtle, so the overdrive setting is a little strange for my taste. If I didn't like the distortion so damn much I could probably get a useable tone on the OD setting.