1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Prestige 20th Anniversary model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Medford Bassman, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    I received this bass last week andhave been playing it extensively. Wow! I'm pretty much a Fender guy but I have to say this is pretty nice. Mahogany body, 5 piece neck, custom Bartolini's, the mono rail bridge with detuner is verynice.

Been using it at band rehearsal and the sound man likes it through the board better than the MIA Jazz. I am very impressed with the EQ, powerful and an incredible wide range.

HAs anyone else owned or tried one of these? What is your opinion? Made in Japan.

2. geilerbass

geilerbass

Mar 2, 2007
    I got the 5-string version about a year ago.

With the exception of the balance not being quite what I like, it's definitely the nicest bass I've owned. I love the sound of the custom Barts and it's just sooooo easy to play.

Unfortunately, Ibanez have now brought out the SR5005E and SR4005E, both of which look as though they may trump the SR20th...

3. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    the new ones are certainly nice but I'll stick with mine that plays like butter

4. ...and what does butter play like exactly? :D
    LOL

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    No pics, no bass! ;)

6. +1