Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Prestige Line

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eoghan, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    Are they really presitge? I know they have Barts now, and are VERY comfortable and sound pretty damn good, but I wonder if I can get something of better quality and sound for a similar price ($2355 AUD - 4 string)

SPECIFICATION

* 5pc SR4 Maple/Bubinga neck-thru
    * Flamed Maple/Maple wing body
    * Medium frets
    * MR-4 bridge (19mm string spacing)
    * Bartolini® Custom neck pu
    * Bartolini® Custom bridge pu
    * Vari-Mid III HQ 3-band eq
    * Elixir® equipped

Thanks, Eoghan.

[​IMG]

2. jow83

jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    these things used to cost a lot more down here in oz, but i think that was for a older model in arround 2001. I haven't played one of these models of prestige before, the older ones were quite good tho (IMO). I like ibenez basses, they are really comfy to play. You can get a bongo bass in oz for 2800 is you want to wait for one to come over from america tho. and i have seen places do new stingrays for 2500, so shop arround a bit first.

EDIT: i was actually thinking about the BTB prestige's i think, not sure about the SR one.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I liked the ones that they jsut stoped making, the ones with mahogany body and wenge/bubinga neck. Sr3000e was the model. Very good basss for the price if you could get it used.

4. Eoghan

Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Australia.
    Yeah! I liked the look of those alot, but they never cam out in aus as a 4 string, just the 5. they are the ones with the input on the smooth body, correct?

5. I played the new Prestige BTB the other day, and IMO my old Rockbass sounded better.