Ibanez Prestige Line

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eoghan, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Are they really presitge? I know they have Barts now, and are VERY comfortable and sound pretty damn good, but I wonder if I can get something of better quality and sound for a similar price ($2355 AUD - 4 string)

* 5pc SR4 Maple/Bubinga neck-thru
    * Flamed Maple/Maple wing body
    * Medium frets
    * MR-4 bridge (19mm string spacing)
    * Bartolini® Custom neck pu
    * Bartolini® Custom bridge pu
    * Vari-Mid III HQ 3-band eq
    * Elixir® equipped

Thanks, Eoghan.

2. jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    these things used to cost a lot more down here in oz, but i think that was for a older model in arround 2001. I haven't played one of these models of prestige before, the older ones were quite good tho (IMO). I like ibenez basses, they are really comfy to play. You can get a bongo bass in oz for 2800 is you want to wait for one to come over from america tho. and i have seen places do new stingrays for 2500, so shop arround a bit first.

EDIT: i was actually thinking about the BTB prestige's i think, not sure about the SR one.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I liked the ones that they jsut stoped making, the ones with mahogany body and wenge/bubinga neck. Sr3000e was the model. Very good basss for the price if you could get it used.
  4. Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Yeah! I liked the look of those alot, but they never cam out in aus as a 4 string, just the 5. they are the ones with the input on the smooth body, correct?
  5. I played the new Prestige BTB the other day, and IMO my old Rockbass sounded better.