Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Erich Zann, Dec 25, 2000.

1. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    I have had my Ibanez Sr800 for quite some time now and just recently noticed a problem with it. When I play with a pick The E string is quite noticably louder than the other 3. This incresses the more I turn the pickup knob toward the P pickup. Now I never noticed this before because ever since I got this bass, I have almost compleatly stoped playing with a pick. Now, I have never heard of this happining before. Can anyone tell me what on earth is wrong with my bass?

2. well the pickup could be slanted in favor of the e string, but i guess that would affect your fingerstyle playing too... try messing with your EQ more, take out some bass and put in more low mids. or, adjust your picking style, try different pick gauges, etc. or of course just play fingerstyle. that's what i'd do.

3. Suggestion: Check the battery. I know it's weird but that was the case with me when the E and D were louder than the A and G. (And originally I thought it was my amp! :)).

Derek J. Power

4. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    Interesting, I'll have to try that. I was thinking it might be the pickups, but I don't know anything about that sort of thing.