Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez RB800 Bridge Saddles Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Minger, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Uh, I was changin the strings in my RB800 last nite...and turns out on the bridge teh part that holds the saddles in is pretty muich broken off...anybody know of either another bridge that would fir in the same screw slots or if I should try to superglue or somethin the bridge and see if I can get the saddle to stay...

>_<

Thanks

IO'll put a pic of it soon...doesnt look like other bridges that i've seen will fit in the same screwholes...

2. If I remember right the 800 series bass has a cast piece, and the saddles and strings thread through the rear raised piece. Super Glue probably won't give you the holding power you're looking for. I'd assume it's a traditional 5 screw arrangement- check with someplace like Stewart McDonald- I've heard they're really good with stuff like that (email and ask). Someone like Gotoh or Hipshot probably make a great direct replacement

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Yea, just looked on Ebay and the Gotoh bridges seem to have the same screw placement - and yea its the 5 screw arrangement - one in the middle/back, 2 in front and 2 in back...I have no idea if its the traditional one or not though, seeing as how just about all the bridges i've seen have the screws in a line...

thanks.

Attached Files:

4. i actually have one of those floating around here some where.... its a 207 i believe?

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Erm, doesnt look like the hipshot ones will work, and I tried googling the Gotoh ones and can't really find anything...meh

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Found this on another forum in which someone had the same problem as me...same model and everything too...too bad nobody responded, but the person did include a picturew tiht eh dimensions...

So should I just like take it into Daddys or Guitar Center and see if they have the part or could order it?

Attached Files:

7. Warmoth parts has teh Gotoh bridges for like 40 bucks. and they are direct drop ins.least it looks liek they are.

8. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    what are the intonation screws?

Or should I not even ask?

Thanks for your help...

9. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    just one more question...is it available anywhere for a lower price?

Its gonna cost me 1/3 the cost of my bass...ouch.

10. the price i don't know. i ordered mine from Warmoth. check allparts.com and stewmac.com i dont know if they carry them tho. i'd also get a second opinion on fitment (ala, email warmoth or ibanez and ask), while it looks like it fits, looks can be decieving.

11. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    the thing is that well...I'm gonna check the dimensions but I doubt Ibanez would really have records, this bass is 20 years or so old...

Guess I'm pullin out the ruler.

12. Seriously,

Shoot off an email to any of those places- it's their job to sell that stuff- they'll probably know what bridges are direct replacements for whatever basses. It's nothing more than sending an email, saying you need a replacement bridge for an Ibanez RB800- and chances are you wouldn't be waiting as long as this exchange has gone on here on a forum. You'd know you need a Gotoh 603 bridge or whatever and you can go price shopping anywhere- and you know exactly what you're looking for.

Regardless of your bass being 20 years old, it's not exactly uncommon.

13. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    thanks for your help guys...

I'm gonna stop by guitar center tonight and I shot off emails to all of those companies except for Ibanez, can't seem to find a email for them...

14. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    XD

Measurements are the same cept by a militer or so, but thats on my measuring skills...and a bunch are on ebay with 3 days to go...woohoo :D

15. cool, glad we could help find you a replacement bridge :hyper: