1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez RD900AH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Diaper Geni, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Got this recently from Andy (aproud1) and I really dig this bass. But GAS is rearing it's ugly, ugly head, sooooooo............

This is my second bass from Andy and both have been killer! I played this Ibby throughout the winter and it's seen bar gigs to duo gigs and private affairs and come through with flying colors. It's light, balances well and plays and sounds great. What's not to like??

Here's the FS thread that I purchased the bass from. A quick recap of the mods:
    --Hipshot Ultra-lite tuners.
    --Bart 2 band preamp.
    --Basscultures pickups.
    --The rear pickup has a coil tap (the black mini toggle). From neck-to bridge: "neck-most" coil/series/humbucking. Series has that usual "hum".
    --The chrome mini toggle is a dummy toggle and not connected to anything..
    --Currently strung with fairly new DR nickel Lowriders.
    --Now is wearing some nice looking chrome knobs instead of the aluminum ones. IMO, the chrome looks a lot better.

Tone-wise, my fav tone is bridge in series and blend about 75% towards the bridge. (The series/single coil "hum" does not bother me at all.) Lots of usable tones on this one. Especially if you count all the passive and active tones! (The passive mode sounds great, too, and is balanced volume-wise with the active mode.) I'd say it does a "J" better than a "P", though. The pickups are modern sounding but leaning towards a "Bartolini" modern as opposed to an "EMG" modern. All this tone stuff is IMO, YMMV, etc. of course.

Priced to sell quick at $375 firm, shipped in nice looking Ibanez case.

No trades. Need the cash before The Wife gets wind of my latest transgression!! :help: :eyebrow:

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Awwww man!!! this is one I regret selling. This is an amazing sounding and playing bass.

GLWTS!:bassist:

3. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Wow ... great looking Ibanez.

Active full time ?

4. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Hey Bill, thanks! It is a nice looking bass. Nice player, too.

Sorry, my first post is a little confusing. The volume knob is a push/pull pot. Pull to bypass the Bartolini preamp w/no passive tone control.

So yes: It can be active full time, or passive full time. (If that makes sense?) There is an internal volume knob so you can match the output of the active volume with the volume of the passive volume. I like this feature as I'll toggle between the passive mode w/my Fodera pedal pre and the active mode w/the onboard Bart pre with no sudden volume changes. Great for live use!

5. I literally just saw and played this bass at the Genie's house an hour ago...NICE bass for the $$

Great set of Pickups

6. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Sa-weeeeeet Ibanez here folks ! Major bump for a cool bass!

:) :) :)

7. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    This one is "on hold" for 24 hours.

Stay tuned.....

8. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    As promised:

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1362766376.154310.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1362766401.353627.jpg

9. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    One more:

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1362766491.736671.jpg

10. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Glad to hear it. This is a KILLER bass! One of a handful that I should not have let go. I would venture to say the best and most versatile Ibanez's I've ever had.

Whoever gets this will be blown away. I guarantee it.*

*no actual guarantees are made

11. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Thanks Andy!

Folks, this one has been payed for, shipped to and approved by the buyer.

Case closed! (Pun intended.)

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.