Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez RKB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Looks like an ATK with a p/j config and a Fender MM pickguard.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I kinda like it...

P@

3. i think that pup config might sound better (for me) but the regular ATKs looked way better IMO.

4. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    That's a weird looking pickguard.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    supernice!!! i love Pj!

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    take a look at the specs!!!

The RKB is for players who want the pure wood tone—without any electronic coloration—of an alder body and a 1 pc maple neck," no need for any after-market hotrodding. The RKB is already equipped with all the favorite after market add-ons of players who prefer trad basses: a Leo Quann Badass II bridge, Duncan Bassline Quarter Pound P and J pickups and Hipshot licensed Ultralite tuners.

SD pickups and badass bridge!! this is gonne be a rock machine!! on my checklist!!

[​IMG]

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am honest i love these new ibanez. hope to find them in shops!!

[​IMG]

For players for whom simple and powerful aren't simple and powerful enough, there's the new Ibanez SRX400 bass. The SRX400 features only one pickup, a "ridiculously loud" Passive Full Range Alnico 4N and an Active Phat II Booster.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I dig the RKB's. It does sound like it may be a rock machine.

9. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i checked on the ibanez website, and i couldn't find the RKB. at least not in the us section. but the thing is, i first heard about this bass in guitar world magazine. are they going to be sold in the us?

10. As the owner of a Badass I-equipped bass, I feel it's my duty to say: Why? It's not exactly a marvel of industrial design. As long as they're going with Hipshot tuners, why not a Hipshot bridge?

11. i like the look, but i don't like quarter pounders.

12. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Looks like a cool bass, but I'd still like to see the ATK with a Jazz pickup in the neck position (ATK 400?) here in the US.

That new bass looks like it lacks the tilt headstock though. Plus it has Gotoh style tuners vs std Schaller type on the ATK.

I bet it sounds great though. I think that Ibanez hurt themselves with the proliferation of the Soundgear series. A lot of people associate Ibanez with those basses, and I don't really think that they were their best effort.

Personally, Ibanez conjures up memories of cool "lawsuit" era Jazz and Rick copies as well as Musician basses that I couldn't afford when I was a kid.

My ATK is one of my favorite basses. What a great instrument. I'm still surprised by how much I like it.

13. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    These I like.