Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez RKB900, will it last?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 10, 2004.

1. I haven't heard of anyone buying one of these basses yet. It looks like an awesome axe. If I played a lot of rock, I would buy one in a minute.

Is this going to be another great bass from Ibanez that disappears due to lack of interest? The ATK was a really nice instrument that never really seemed to get popular so they quit selling them in the US.

Meanwhile they're still selling the Soundgear series...... :confused:

I was just wondering if the Ibanez bass stigma is keeping folks away from this really cool bass? I hope they sell some because I want to buy a used one off of eBay for that super low Ibanez resale price. :bassist:

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Part of the reason is probably that Ibanez has fulfilled its usefulness by scaring the American companies and others a few decades back into building quality, good looking, road-worthy gear at affordable prices.
    There are alot of great choices these days as well.

3. I would say yes, some people just can not bring themselves to buy an instrument with the Ibanez name on it, and I think it's a shame.

I haven't seen one yet in my travels.

Mike