Ibanez Roadgear - something wrong?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zerozeddy, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Is it just me, or are Roadgears imaginary? Or are they simply rubbish and noone buys them? I've never seen one in a shop, for sale on evilBay, or mentioned in a forum, (can't move for Soundgears tho). Does anybody actually OWN one?

IMNVHO they look ace, kinda Lakland.
  2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I've seen these basses in both Guitar Center and Sam Ash. Good bang for the buck and solid. Seem to have a nice, simple layout and sound good for what you pay.
  3. SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    I own the RD505. I got the first one in the area. After folks heard it, and got to play it at our jams, the same store has since sold two more and now has another hanging on the wall.

I kept trying and getting rid of 5-ers because I couldn't find one that felt right in my hands and had a B-string that was worth a damn to my ears. A local music store owner and friend of mine knew of my problems and called me in when he first got one of these in the shop. He was really impressed with the feel and sound and recommended I take it for a test drive.

I took it home on a Thursday and tried it at practice that night. It felt so good, I used it for my gigs that weekend. Now it is one of my main basses.