Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez roadstar 2 value

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamesonellis, Dec 24, 2004.

1. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    anyone out there have an idea about the value of an all original 82 roadstar 2, beautiful cherry burst birdseye maple veneer body w/ white banding , rosewood fretboard, single bridge position passive humbucker, 2+2 tuners,vol+treble knobs,3 position pu switch.it is very playable,has low action, great neck,looks pretty good but definately shows some age.

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    $200-$300 ish Search ebay completed items.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, $200-$300 sounds about right. Those are great basses!

4. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    well if your interested i intend to sell it.i haven't put it up on the classifieds yet.

5. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Depends on the model and condition. Some go for higher than that.

6. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Passive and 1 pup means not a very fancy model.

I love these basses, but they made a lot of them and the market hasn't caught on to how good they are so the used prices are very reasonable.

7. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    yeah,
    i know its true,but someday their value will be appreciated, i hope,it seems like these basses were the unhyped backbone of real players for a time.and they were so well made and thought out.does anyone know how many of this type were made?(1 pu starburst, etc.)i am curious about ibanez.

8. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    try going to ibanezcollectors.com!!!

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    James, did you get my PM yesterday?

jondog, the birdseye cherryburst were the *nice* ones for a couple years. I GASed hard over them in the catalog I got with my Destroyer back in the day. This model came in the one and 2 pickup version.

(I think this model is the reason I dig birdseye maple so much)

10. jamesonellis

jamesonellis

Nov 12, 2004
    i was out of town,will e mail some photos

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
  12. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    i have a roadstar II. 2nd bass i ever got. its so great, i love it. When i picked it up, it still had the strings that it got, in 1983, so it sounded dull, but warm, warm as anything, i love it.
    IMHO don't sell it. hang on to it, its a great bass!

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I spent a few years tracking done a suitable replacement for my first real bass... an Ibanez Destroyer. I got 2 or 3 years of catalogs mailed to me and I spent A LOT of time GASing for the bound & burst birdseye Roadstars.

here is the Destroyer I got last spring to replace the one I sold in the late 80s
    [​IMG]

14. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Well, collect up the Roadstars now because they're awesome...and still pretty cheap...before people realize that they are ridiculousely good....

15. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    WOW!!!!