1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez Roadstar II Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deftone, May 8, 2001.

1. Deftone

Deftone

May 8, 2001
    I am lookin to purchase an 83' Ibanez Roadstar II Bass, i was wondering if anyone out there has heard or played it? It looks like a Fender P-Bass, and is supposed to play like a Jazz or P-Bass. If anyone has any info please respond :)

- Deftone

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I once had the Roadstar II "Deluxe" version, that had sort of a Rickenbacker shape, 2+2 headstock and gold hardware. Being just my second bass, I didn't know how good an instrument it was until I got my next Ibanez, a transitional Roadstar/Soundgear model. What a crappy bass!

Anyhow, the Fender style Roadstar is a pretty good sounding model. I think you'd be better off with one of those than a Squier of one of the low end Fenders, and for about the same price if not less.

Will C.:cool:

3. Bassr64

Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    N.E.Tx
    I bought it back in 83, plays great, sounds like a P-bass. I love the necks size and action; wish it had a satin finish on the neck though. The main thing that still amazes me about it is that it never goes out of tune no matter how hard I play on it. I still use it as a back-up when playing out and I've never had a problem out of it.

4. groovelady

groovelady

Jul 28, 2001
    Germany
    I´m playing a ´83 Ibanez Roadstar, and I like it. It sounds warm and the neck is good to handle for people with smaller Hands.
    It is a very nice instrument.