Ibanez Roadstar II Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deftone, May 8, 2001.

1. Deftone

May 8, 2001
    I am lookin to purchase an 83' Ibanez Roadstar II Bass, i was wondering if anyone out there has heard or played it? It looks like a Fender P-Bass, and is supposed to play like a Jazz or P-Bass. If anyone has any info please respond :)

- Deftone
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I once had the Roadstar II "Deluxe" version, that had sort of a Rickenbacker shape, 2+2 headstock and gold hardware. Being just my second bass, I didn't know how good an instrument it was until I got my next Ibanez, a transitional Roadstar/Soundgear model. What a crappy bass!

Anyhow, the Fender style Roadstar is a pretty good sounding model. I think you'd be better off with one of those than a Squier of one of the low end Fenders, and for about the same price if not less.

Will C.:cool:
  3. Bassr64

Feb 9, 2001
    I bought it back in 83, plays great, sounds like a P-bass. I love the necks size and action; wish it had a satin finish on the neck though. The main thing that still amazes me about it is that it never goes out of tune no matter how hard I play on it. I still use it as a back-up when playing out and I've never had a problem out of it.
  4. groovelady

Jul 28, 2001
    I´m playing a ´83 Ibanez Roadstar, and I like it. It sounds warm and the neck is good to handle for people with smaller Hands.
    It is a very nice instrument.