Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Roadstar II? Heard of it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doomtrane, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Doomtrane

Doomtrane

Feb 1, 2005
    hello all,
    i've got a black Ibanez bass that i got from a secondhand shop in Japan...it says "Roadstar II" on the headstock...has anyone heard of this bass?
    I'm wondering, because i have noticed that the battery life on this thing is pretty short, from what i gather is normal (usually at least a month or two....mine lasted about three weeks, and only played about two hours a day...)
    However, there is a little laminated sticker on the battery cover, but its a bunch of japanese (i know some, but not fluent in it) and so i'm wondering if it's just this bass in particular that is eating my batteries, or if it is something these basses are known for.
    please help!! I'd like to use it (b/c i stopped using it after about a year of wasting money on 9v's) again, and i'm thinking of maybe putting in another active setup, or at least a passive one, but i'd like to know if there's something i can do to fix it, b/c i'd hate to have extra holes in the body...
    any info is helpful! even like who i should talk to, what to look at (b/c i know nothing bout electronics), etc.
    thanks!

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Whatever you do, don't use the search function. It would be useless to find out if the thousands of posts here mention a bass that was mass producedfor a decade. :rolleyes:

Sorry, roadstar IIs are excellent basses for the price. They are not known for eating batteries, are you leaving yours plugged in when you're not playing? Don't do that. If you have been unplugging it, then there is a problem and you should bring it to a tech since you know nothing about electronics.

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Had an issue with a MM Jazz bass that was constantly draining batteries once. Ended up being a bad jack.