Ibanez Roadstar II RB850 - fretboard radius?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by isky, Jan 13, 2015.

1. isky

isky Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Madison, WI
    I'm trying to find out what's the fretboard radius of an '84 RB850 model, no results on Google except for a single opinion that it could be 9.5.
    It's one of these:
    [​IMG]
    If anyone knows - please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

2. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!!

Dec 7, 2011

My '85 RB760 has that style neck, fretboard and headstock, so I would hazard a guess that Ibanez used didn't change anything carrying over from one year to the next. My homemade radius gauge shows 9.5", give or take a tenth. Granted, their specs are all metric, so 9.5 would be about 240mm.

3. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    Can't find the direct link to the pdf, but if you google "pickguardian neck radius gauges", that should get you there.

And I concur, would bet dollars to doughnuts that Roadstar IIs have a 9.5 inche radius board.

-Alex

4. isky

isky Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Thanks, Alex. But I don't have the bass itself to measure it, it's more of a potential purchase related inquiry.

5. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    That does make it a little trickier.

I do have an 1983 RB-920. It is pretty much identical to the RB-750 in the catalog pic you posted, but with only one pickup (right down to the string tree on the headstock). Mine is definitely 9.5 inches. And TheAnalogKid has an '85 that measures 9.5 inches. I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume the '84s are no different.

Try asking in the Blazer/Roadstar club thread? Somebody must have one of these.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021