Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Roadstar II

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by deepestend, Nov 2, 2004.

1. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Here's the deal with the Roadstar: it needs to be rewired. I rewired it myself at a certain point and used it for about 2 years and it was fine. However, towards the end, it stopped working. It does work, and when you hold the jack a certain way, it will play (i.e., the pickups work and the pots are new)-- it just needs to be wired by someone who knows what they are doing. I never bothered to fix it right because I got a new bass-- but knew that eventually someone would want to bother with it as some collect Roadstars.

This bass is not in perfect cosmetic condition (i.e., it’s a beater), but it has a good chunky P neck that’s never been broken. And, it’s got some good vibe to it. I believe it’s from 1985j. The serial number is J845161 and it was made in Japan.

see pix at:

http://homepage.mac.com/thesameage/galactic/PhotoAlbum36.html

2. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    Price is $100 plus paypal fee or a trade for a nice compressor... open to trades, but I'd like cash.

It's here in my office and I've got a double bass box to ship it in... so it's ready to go.

Great beater bass if you know anything about wiring...

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    at this price, I can't pass it up. PM sent

4. deepestend

Feb 21, 2003
    SOLD