Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez SB-7 synth pedal

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Taylor Livingston, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Hi, again. This is an Ibanez Sb-7 synth bass pedal (I know you already knew that). I haven't used it much, so I thought I'd see if anyone to buy or trade for it.

It's got the knobs that click into the case so you don't bump them when you're stomping it on. They pop up when you press on them.

It has three seetings, auto-wah, synth 1 and synth 2. Auto-wah is, well, an auto-wah. Synth 1 is a warm, overdriven EV filter/autowah (I've never figured out the difference) sound. Synth 2 is a little more extreme, more distorted, opens up more. Add to that the slow and fast decay rates, sensitivity, frequency, and resonance knobs, and you've got a very versatile pedal. Sounds cool on its own, but it is quite a chameleon, and can add something interesting to just about every other effect (distortion, flange, and wah are especially good compliments).

I have in the past had some trouble using a power adaptor with it. Sometimes, the sound will cut out. I think the power jack is loose. I've never had any trouble using batteries, though. This, obviously, effects the value, but not by much. It would pretty easy/cheap to fix. I will of course consider offers and trades accordingly. :)

I'll look into how much these go for on EBay, but make me an offer. I'd also be interested in trades. Whatever sort of pedal or goody of relatively equal value you have, let me know.
    Sound samples!

Thanks for looking!

2. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Nice weather in New Orleans today.

3. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Thanks man, I'll do that.

4. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Bump. :ninja:

5. natasmi

natasmi

Apr 30, 2002
    Hi , I have a DOD Bass Grunge pedal I'll trade ya, good ditortion pedal, and it has a dry out jack and a blend knob for your original signal to mix with distortion. this is the original made in America pedal.

6. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    How much you looking to sell the pedal? Im interested in buying

7. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    I just checked Ebay, and the only one I could find went for $120! I'm not sure what the deal was there. I'm going to say $45 shipped.

Thanks, but I'm actually saving up to buy a 4ms Noise Swash distortion, which I think (hope) will handle all my distortion needs. Thanks, though! :)