1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SB-7 vs Digitech Bass Synth Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stflbn, Oct 1, 2008.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Has anyone used both of these?

I have a Bass Synth Wah, but can't help but hear some usable things from the clips of the SB-7.

Any thoughts on both?

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I bought the SB-7 for that synthetic fuzz sound.

The sound clips on the Ibanez website one me over to use it for that setting.
    Well, mine is tweaked a little bit different but basicly that is the sound I use it for.

I don't know much about typical synthesizer effects. :meh:

But I'm very pleased with that synthetic fuzz sound.

3. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Cool.

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I've had both. I don't have either now - or won't when the check for the BSW shows up anyway ... THe BSW is the better pedal for 'canned' disco era synth bass effects. Very useful for "instant 70's" funk - If I were cover gigging thatsort of stuff, it's the pedal I would use.

The Ibby is capable of weirder stuff. Ultimately the Ibby is more fun, the BSW is more useful depending on your needs. My.02 and worth every cent.

5. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    +1
    Like I said before, I don't know much about synthesizer pedals.

Weird sounds and cool sounds, that's what the ToneLok serie is known for.
    And it's much more forgiven.
    I played around with it in the different modes and settings, and it is so forgiving. You can't dial a bad sound out of that pedal (off course you can, but I'm all about bold statements :)). Unlike the BOSS Bass Synthesizer.

The SB-7 is like a bass synthesizer for dummies, wich is ideal for me. :)

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Agreed. A lot of times I feel like i'm having to search for a sound out of the Digitech that I don't feel is excessively offensive or abrupt.

7. I compared them before an year and liked the Ibanez more. DigiTech sounds more like a synth, Ibby - more natural.

8. I've owned both, and find the Ibanez more usable.

9. I used to own the SB-7, but I've only played around with the BSW. If you're going for weird noises that are fun in your bedroom, the BSW is the place to go. If you're looking for something useable and practical in a live situation, the SB-7 is way better.

10. im a big fan of ibanez _________ (insert whatever there), but after having played with a digitech at my nearby store, i find it far superior to anything iver heard the sb-7 put out. they both have their pros and cons. mainly, like with most synth pedals, you cant blend between modes, you need to select one or the other. so having more effect types is a plus, like with the digitech

11. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I had an SB-7, and while it was fun, it didn't work for what I needed in the context of the music I was playing. I'm getting a Digitech; if that doesn't do what I want, I might get a Micro Q-Tron.